Sunday, April 3, 2011

Greenbacks: A Conspiracy Theory.

I don’t know about everybody else but I feel like the money I earn is burning a hole in my wallet. I have been keeping up the news lately and I don’t like what I have been hearing. First they said that there is going to be a spike in meat prices due to some cause in cattle numbers. That means that the hamburger on the grill is going to be more now. Secondly, correct I if I’m wrong but I heard that the makers of Hersey’s chocolate is raising their prices also by ten percent. That may not seem like a lot but that’s a dime to a dollar or a chocolate bar. Third topic I would like to bring up is the rise in gas prices. It seems like I blink and now it costs three dollars to a gallon. Sneeze and it is three fifty, take a breath and now it’s about three seventy five dollars to the gallon. Right now I know that it is cheaper to fill up the bottomless tank with 2%milk at the moment. I don’t know whether it is due to inflation, increased demand, or aliens from mars. All I know is that somebody has their hand in my wallet. At least it is better than hearing, “oh our poor economy.” Oh on a off-hand note, not related to any of this. I find myself wondering why when I heard this news report, “We are checking Illinois for radiation, which might have come from the Japan Tsunami disaster.” Why??? Well they say they found trace amounts in milk and grass clippings. So??? Well they said that they are just small amounts, found in everyday life. WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I beleive you are right in being concerned about the prices of everything in our country. Things are made cheaper but we are paying alot more! It seems like the poor communities get hit the hardest in tough economic times. In East St. Louis gas prices have been at $3.99 per gallon for three weeks at least while they are 20-30 cents cheaper in Fairview Heights. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete