Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I hate Snow

If anybody is working or has worked a grocery store or super center they might have to agree with me when I say, “I hate the snow.” Back before I had this job snow meant that there was no school and I could play outside in the wintery wonder land.

But now it is means that my day of work just became hell. The Monday before the total winter apocalypse was probably the worst I have ever seen. I didn’t even know that we were supposed to get snow that day until somebody brought it up. The whole day turned into, “everybody lets got the store and buy all of the stuff we can because we will trapped in the house for years.” So everybody and their brother were in the store with a cart full of items. It was so busy that it topped the sales for Christmas Eve and Christmas combined in that one day.

I am the maintenance guy, but soon had to take up the position of a bagger. So I was expected to do the job of two people for the rest of the day. I was not able to get anything done. I think the “icing” on the cake of that day was when I went to get the carts (which is not my job) I slipped on some ice and smacked the back of my head. So I was tired and had a headache. The moral of the story is that I now do not like the snow, and there is talk about another snow storm a few weeks from now, Great.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about what happenned, but i would have to disagree with you. I still love snow! Even though it's harder to get around and do things, i believe thats it's worth it to see that pure white goodness..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the snow, it's the ice that I can do without. I hope you are okay healthwise! i know that falls like that can have a lingering effect on you. Also with you being a person with diverse talents in a pinch, it adds to your job security. Hang in there, and get some shoe chains for the next snowpocalypse.

    ReplyDelete